Application for registration as an assessor and/or moderator can be obtained against HWSETA accredited Qualifications which are registered on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) at the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).
As part of revising our processes and streamlining it to the national skills development mandate, the HWSETA would like to inform you of the requirements to be registered as an assessor and/or moderator with the HWSETA. Furthermore the HWSETA has reviewed its decision to register assessors and moderators for full qualifications only and has reverted to registering applicants for both full qualifications and/or unit standards.
1. Registration Requirements
The HWSETA’s criteria to register an individual as an assessor and/or moderator are as follows:
Submit a completed application form signed in pen with the following attachments
- Originally certified copy of ID
- Comprehensive CV listing duration and duties
- Originally certified copy of ETDP SETA Statement of Result
- Originally certified copy of all relevant qualifications / courses
- Originally certified copy of Council registration (if applicable)
- The applicant must have a minimum of 2 years occupational experience and must be an SME.
- Applications can be posted or physically handed in at the HWSETA reception.
2. Accreditation and/or Programme approval
In keeping with the requirements of accreditation, Education Training and Development (ETD) Providers will only be accredited or approved for full qualifications.
- ETD Providers who are seeking accreditation, programme approval or extension of scope must ensure that they have suitably qualified and HWSETA registered assessors and moderators.
- ETD Providers can make use of more than 1 assessor and moderator as long as collectively the HWSETA registered assessors and moderators are able to assess and moderate the full qualification.
Note: Certified copies are only valid for a period of 3 months.
To apply to the HWSETA to be registered as a constituent assessor and/or moderator click here.