Dear Valued Stakeholders,
As the COVID-19 continues to spread, our thoughts go out to anyone who has been infected or impacted.
I hope that you, your family, friends and colleagues are safe and well, and are taking the necessary precautions to keep it that way.
With the guidance from the Presidency and the Minister of Higher Education and Training we have put in place the following measures to assist in containing the spread of COVID-19.
- High-risk HWESTA staff have been identified and are working from home under the prescribed self-isolation.
- Effective immediately, all workshops have been postponed.
- Site visits will only be conducted on an emergency basis and desktop/telephonic alternatives will be implemented to ensure continued operations.
- Clinical hand sanitizers have been placed at the receptions of our buildings. However we discourage face-to-face meetings. Please make use of our call-centre as well as email/telephonic communication.
- Cleaning of our premises has been increased.
- Correct hygiene protocols must be conducted at all times. Coughing and sneezing into your elbow or tissue, regular handwashing for more than 20 seconds and avoid physical contact such as face touching and handshakes.
- If one displays any symptoms, they are required to self-quarantine and contact the NCID COVID-19 public hotline number 0800 029 9999.
We understand that this situation is dynamic and will communicate with stakeholders regularly as to new measures when taken. By all means the HWSETA will ensure continued operations at this time.
I trust that you all keep safe.
Last modified: May 25, 2020