The Board of the Health and Welfare Sector Education and Training Authority (HWSETA), established under the Skills Development Act No 97 of 1998, as amended, hereby calls for nominations from its health and social development stakeholders to serve on the Board of the HWSETA for the period 1 April 2020 to 31 March 2025. The Board comprises a maximum of 14 members drawn from organised labour, employers including private, non-governmental and government departments, professional bodies and councils.
The aim of the HWSETA is to facilitate high-quality skills development services to its sectoral stakeholders as set out within the framework of the Skills Development Act as amended and the Constitution of the HWSETA. The Board, as the Accounting Authority of the HWSETA, is primarily responsible for the provision of strategic leadership, good governance and leadership.
Nominations must be compliant with the terms and conditions of the HWSETA Constitution, a copy of which can be downloaded from the HWSETA website: www.hwseta.org.za. Applicants are to be nominated by a constituency as stipulated in the HWSETA Constitution.
• One must be a citizen and permanent resident in the Republic
• Not have a mental illness or disorder
• Not be an employee of the HWSETA
• Not have been convicted of any offence for which such person is sentenced to imprisonment without an option of a fine, after the commencement of the Skills Development Amendment Act of 2011, whether in the Republic or elsewhere
• Not have been convicted of any offence (such as theft, fraud, forgery, perjury, dishonesty, etc.) prior to the commencement of the Skills Development Act, 2011 or at any time after such commencement.
To download the application form, click here. Application forms must be completed and the following attached for submission to the HWSETA:
• Nomination Letter
• Completed Declaration of Interest form
• Certified copies of qualifications
• References (contactable)
• SAQA clearance for qualifications
• Police Clearance Certificate (Criminal)
• Certified copy of Identity Document
The HWSETA will only communicate with successful nominees, once all administrative procedures are fully concluded. All applications and enquiries are to be addressed to Mrs. Elaine Brass, HWSETA Chief Executive Officer: Attention: Board Administrator, 17 Bradford Road, Bedfordview, tel (011) 622 9786 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nominations close strictly at 16h00 on Friday 6 September 2019.
Last modified: August 23, 2019