Chief Executive Officer
Fixed Term Contract linked to the term of office of the Accounting Authority of the HWSETA
The incumbent will report to the HWSETA Board (Accounting Authority), and serve as the Accounting Officer delegated by the Board. He/she will be required to enter into a performance contract and is responsible for the following key performance and results areas:
- Providing strategic leadership in the implementation of the NSDS aligned to the Skills Development Act.
- Transforming the organisation to meet the dynamic sectoral and skills development needs of all relevant stakeholders.
- Strategic planning, coordination, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of all key performance areas in the HWSETA.
- Sound financial management and control processes aligned with the Public Finance Management Act.
- Managing and developing all human resource-related issues.
- Promoting the values of the HWSETA and developing an ethos and philosophy that is zero tolerant of corruption in the organisation.
- Promoting and enhancing the corporate identity and image of the HWSETA amongst internal and external stakeholders at all times.
- Building sound relations with stakeholders and the Board of the HWSETA to ensure support for and commitment to the HWSETA’s shared vision and values.
- Ensuring that education, training and quality assurance processes are in place and adhered to.
- Ensuring that research, information, monitoring and evaluation processes are in place and adhered to.
- Managing all legal matters and Provincial Offices.
- Ensuring that all Divisions within the HWSETA meet their required objectives.
- Aligning the HWSETA service delivery against the benchmark requirements of the Department of Higher Education and Training, Social Development and Health.
- Minimum of a relevant and appropriate undergraduate degree. A postgraduate degree will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of the Skills Development Act and other relevant legislation in the Health and Social Development sectors.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience at a senior executive management level
- Sound knowledge of and/or experience in working with legislation of direct relevance, such as the Public Finance Management Act (PFMA), Skills Development Act (SDA), National Qualifications Framework Act (NQF) and Companies Act.
- Exposure to both the governance as well as the operational aspects of the PFMA.
- Good interpersonal, communication, negotiation, conceptual and analytical skills.
- Must be a visionary with the ability to develop and implement turnaround strategies that will improve the business and develop its people.
Cost to company within the salary band range of a Director General in the Public Service.
Successful candidates will be subject to a competency-based assessment as well as security vetting. Certified copies of original qualifications must be made available.
Prospective candidates who meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply must forward their CV’s and application to: Boss Jansen Executive Search on email@example.com before 17 March 2017.
To view the job advert please click here
Note: Correspondence will be entered into with short listed candidates only and no late applications will be considered.
The HWSETA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to Employment Equity and diversity.
The HWSETA reserves the right not to fill any position advertised.